This is a two fold entry. The first part is to document my attempts at running. The second part is a rant.
Part I
I've started the Couch to 5K plan. During the first week I alternated jogging and running for 30 minutes total. The amount of time for jogging versus walking goes up each week. After 6 weeks I should be able to run for 30 minutes.
I typed each of these the morning after.
Day 1:
Last week when I ran my left leg cramped and I ran through it. Last night for the first day of the plan it began cramping again except much worse. About half way through it I paused and sat down for a couple of minutes tops. It disappeared and I was able to run for the remainder with no pain. I have no idea what's causing it. It may just be lack of good stretching or maybe my body is just mad at me. Both are reasonable. Other than the leg pain I'm feeling positive about this. I'm not wheezing, I didn't have any side cramps, etc.
I found a fancy iPhone app for the Couch to 5K plan. A nice pleasant sounding woman tells me when to start jogging and walking. She can be a little forceful at times but that's alright. I need it.
Day 2:
It was raining and cold but I ran through it. That's determination! It went pretty well this time, definitely better than day 1. I did some yoga and stretching beforehand and my left leg still had pain. But I stopped halfway through it again and let it rest. It didn't bother me again.
Day 3:
My third day was much more pleasant. It was a nice 70 degrees, no rain, most of the Christmas decorations were out and no pain. I'm actually looking forward to week 2.
Part II
I do not like country. And this is why.
Listen to the entire new album by Keith Urban here
From the article, the reviewer states the following.
"Without You" is an uncharacteristically egregious example of the "We're obscenely rich, and yet we've managed to make it work" sub genre — but that's a minor quibble with what's otherwise one of 2010's most agreeable and winning country records.
I found the album to be unoriginal and monotonous and I find it quite depressing that this is the "winning country record" of the year. So this is what country has become? The whole album is dedicated to and about his beautiful, rich and famous wife Nicole Kidman. Without her, he'd have nothing. Literally.
I discovered a guy names Justin Townes Earle. He has this wonderful Americana-Blues-Country style of writing. We need more of this.
And just for good measure, he's another song.
1 comment:
J.T.E. is also fantastic. Have I mentioned what great taste in music you have???
Post a Comment