Thursday, April 7, 2011

3.10685

Apologies all around for the lack of an update. I've been busy preparing for my 5k. But the wait was worth it because I have good news to share. This past weekend I finished my first 5k. I ran in the 4th annual Spring Fling at my high school in St. Joe. Overall it was successful - I finished 3rd place in my category. Unfortunately I could have placed higher if I had paced myself. But I'm a newbie at this whole running thing. I got a little anxious at the beginning and sprinted ahead of the group at an alarming rate resulting in ridiculous side cramps. I think more 5ks are in my future though.

I had a lovely weekend in the St. Joe and KC area filled with new eateries (lobster ravioli, assorted Malaysian foods, pretentious ice cream and more icing I care to admit having consumed) a great concert and some four square. I wish I had brought my camera and documented the adventures. I did however take a video during my Bright Eyes concert.



I predict more updates in the near future. I've made plans to volunteer at Habitat for Humanity, horseback riding and a trip to Seattle in August.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

I cannot begin to explain how much I love the song "Lover I Don't Have to Love" :)